DiSC Personal Listening Profile
Looking to improve employee morale, boost performance and increase the bottom line with more effective communication?
Start with listening skills—only by listening effectively can people respond appropriately.
Learn to listen and respond with purpose
Listening is more than hearing. Listening is the ability to receive, interpret, and respond to
verbal messages and body language in ways that are appropriate to the purpose. It’s
estimated that people screen out or misunderstand the meaning of a message in over 70 percent of communications, making listening the biggest contributing factor to miscommunication.
Discover the impact of different listening approaches
The Personal Listening Profile® helps individuals identify which of the five listening approaches they use to process, organize, store, and retrieve information:
- Appreciative: Listens in a relaxed manner, seeks enjoyment, entertainment, or inspiration.
- Empathic: Listens without judging, is supportive of the speaker, and learns from the experiences of others.
- Comprehensive: Listens to organize and make sense of information by understanding relationships among ideas.
- Discerning: Listens to get complete information, understand the main message, and determine important details.
- Evaluative: Listens in order to make a decision based on information provided and may accept or reject messages based on personal beliefs.
The Personal Listening Profile® helps people understand when their most natural listening
approach may not be appropriate, and how to adopt another approach for more successful
Organizations use The Personal Listening Profile® to:
- Enhance communication
- Strengthen customer relationships
- Improve management effectiveness
- Reduce conflict
- Develop leaders
Call 650.373.2022 or email us today!
Certified Executive Coaching
We Have Been